pbcoreAudienceRating designates the type of users for whom the intellectual content of a media item is intended or judged appropriate. This element differs from the element pbcoreAudienceLevel in that it utilizes standard ratings that have been crafted by the broadcast television and film industries and that are used as flags for audience or age-appropriate materials.
Usage: optional, repeatable
- source: optional | The source attribute provides the name of the authority used to declare the value of the element. Required attribute for pbcoreIdentifier and instantiationIdentifier elements. Can be used as an attribute of any element.
- ref: optional | The ref attribute is used to supply a source’s URI for the value of the element. Can be used as an attribute of any element.
- version: optional | The version attribute identifies any version information about the authority or convention used to express data of this element. Can be used as an attribute of any element.
- annotation: optional | The annotation attribute includes narrative information intended to clarify the nature of data used in the element. Can be used as an attribute of any element.
This element does not have any subelements.
- Motion Picture Association of America Classification & Rating Administration
- MPAA on Wikipedia (recommended)
- TV Parental Guidelines
- TV Parental Guidelines on Wikipedia (recommended)
<pbcoreAudienceRating source="MPAA Movie Ratings">G</pbcoreAudienceRating>
<pbcoreAudienceRating source="TV Parental Guidelines" ref="http://www.tvguidelines.org/ratings.htm">TV-Y7-FV</pbcoreAudienceRating>