instantiationAnnotation is used to add any supplementary information about an instantiation of the instantiation or the metadata used to describe it. It clarifies element values, terms, descriptors, and vocabularies that may not be otherwise sufficiently understood.
Usage: optional, repeatable
- annotationType: optional | The annotationType attribute is used to indicate the type of annotation being assigned to the asset, such as a comment, clarification, or cataloging note. Can be used as an attribute of the following elements - essenceTrackAnnotation, instantiationAnnotation, pbcoreAnnotation.
- source: optional | The source attribute provides the name of the authority used to declare the value of the element. Required attribute for pbcoreIdentifier and instantiationIdentifier elements. Can be used as an attribute of any element.
- ref: optional | The ref attribute is used to supply a source’s URI for the value of the element. Can be used as an attribute of any element.
- version: optional | The version attribute identifies any version information about the authority or convention used to express data of this element. Can be used as an attribute of any element.
- annotation: optional | The annotation attribute includes narrative information intended to clarify the nature of data used in the element. Can be used as an attribute of any element.
This element does not have any subelements.
<instantiationAnnotation>American Archive Mezzanine Version</instantiationAnnotation>
<instantiationAnnotation>Rough cut, sub in fine later</instantiationAnnotation>
<instantiationAnnotation>Original recording lost, this serves as master</instantiationAnnotation>